Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I'm Lazy


It's true. I might not look lazy to the naked eye since I'm always running around barking orders and looking busy. I cook and clean, mow the lawn, drive people here and there, plan and tie up loose ends. But in my heart I'm lazy. I secretly wish that I could sit, eat, and read. Basically, that would be a fun life in my opinion. I've always been lazy. I have friends who seem to be natural "do-ers." They jump right in and do whatever needs to get done in the situation. I have a couple of sisters-in-law like that. While I'm sitting around trying to think of a way to get out of the dishes, they're running circles around me. I've taught my children to pray that the Lord would help them to serve with joyful hearts. I have prayed that prayer for myself as well. God answered my prayer last year when I started mowing the lawn for my husband. My dad used to try and get me to mow the lawn when I was a teenager. I told him that I would get a farmer's tan so I couldn't. I'm thankful to have a chance to serve my husband in this way. He's thankful and tells me how much it blesses him. It frees him up to spend some extra time with the kids and it gives me time to pray and ask God to make me a joyful servant.
I just knew that my *little* brother would read my blog. He's a great guy! (See comments.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe dad let you off the hook from mowing because you told him you would get a farmers tan. I had to at least pretend that I couldn't do it right. Even after him showing me three or four times. I kept doing it wrong on purpose until he gave up....maybe that was raking and not mowing, or both. Love you! Your bro!

Anonymous said...

By the way, that may be why my wife now mows for me...I am crackin myself up. OK gotta go fold the laundry. Your bro!