Friday, July 6, 2007

Frugal Friday

Crystal over at Biblical Womanhood just had a baby a couple of weeks ago, but she's still going strong reminding us to live frugally.
My frugal tip this week came to me as I was running out the door to our annual fireworks celebration. One of our traditions is to eat homemade popcorn and red licorice during the display. Very American. I was not prepared when it was time to go. In fact I almost forgot the popcorn. Everyone would have been disappointed. I didn't have any cups or bowls to put the popcorn in. I spied some coffee filters and grabbed those. They worked great and they're much cheaper than plastic or styrofoam.

1 comment:

Amy Hall said...

Good tip, Jennifer! We do that, too. Another thing you can do w/ them is to measure out seasonings/ingredients into them when you start a meal. I do that for the kids when they're doing the cooking. :-)