Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Honor Your Mother-in-Law

I am SO excited about my new great *big* idea! Let me start by saying that I am blessed to have a mother-in-law who loves me and never hesitates to tell me that she loves me and that she's so thankful that God brought me into their family. How sweet is that? I have always tried to call her at least once a week. She We usually talks for at least an hour. A few days after one of our lengthy conversations, she was talking to my husband on the phone and said "I haven't talked to Jennifer for so long." I felt frustrated that we had had a nice, long conversation and that it wasn't still fresh in her mind. Well recently, I had a light bulb moment. We have five children. And two adults. 5+2=7. There are seven days in week. I will have someone call her every day. She can't hear enough about her grandchildren and they love to talk to her and Grandpa. Even my little two-year-old wants to tell Grandma all her important news. We have the same cell phone company so it's free. Everyone is happy. You can't beat that! We never know how much time we will have with our precious loved ones. I don't want to have regrets.
For more great ideas go to Rocks in my Dryer

7 comments:

Lori - Queen of Dirty Laundry said...

Sounds like a great idea! I may even have to try it with my own mom. I seem to have more of a problem calling her than my MIL.

Thanks for sharing!

In Light of the Truth... said...

What a fun idea! Your MIL will love that!!

Shana said...

That is a really sweet idea.

Anonymous said...

Honor your Father and your Mother...what a great practical way to show honor

Mom2fur said...

What a wonderful idea! It will mean so much to your mom-in-law. I lost mine about a year and a half ago, and I miss her terribly. You are right--you never know how much time you have.
May I make a suggestion, if you haven't already thought of it? Start asking her about family history and write it down, while you can! I know so little of my husband's side of the family because my mil was not mentally well in the last 7 years of her life. Now, I have so many questions I wish I could ask!

Green Thumb Lady said...

I do have a great Mother-in-law!! She is Jenny's Mom, and I am luck I get to see her in person. She is a great lady who helps me out alot. I think I need to call my own Mom more than I do too!!

Oldqueen44 said...

My mother-n-law was my mother from the time I was 12 (now 50) when my own mother died. She was a treasure to everyone that knew her. She taught me amazing lessons about life even when she was dying.