Wednesday, May 16, 2007

WFMW More Never Give Up

In my last post I wrote about never giving up on my big ideas. Today I want to talk about not giving up on the commitments that I've made to myself. Reading my Bible, exercising, not yelling at my children, speaking in a respectful voice to my husband, making dinner on regular basis, keeping my papers filed, not eating late in the evening, eating less sugar, getting on my knees and praying every night, making a menu on Saturdays so I will make dinner on a regular basis. The list goes on. The biggest thing that I've found that works for me is, again, to never give up. It's easy to get discouraged. Most of us know the things that we should do to maintain spiritual and physical health. Most of us struggle with some lack of self control. I was not raised in a home where self control was demonstrated very often. People ate, drank, did and said whatever satisfied them in that moment. I have found that if I have a plan and stick to the basics and accomplish my priorities early in the day (i.e. read my Bible, pray, exercise) and plan the rest of the day (dinner included) then I'm more likely to honor the commitments to myself. And if don't? I get up and try again. Never give up!

3 comments:

DW said...

Jennifer,

I know completely what you are talking about in this post! It's like you've been looking in on my life or something! Thanks for the encouragement!

Justabeachkat said...

I agree. Never, ever give up. "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!" Old saying, but sooooo true!

Lara said...

I like that! You should come try Smart Habit Saturday with us. You'd be a natural!